CBD is a cannabis compound that provides exceptional medical advantages without any of the psychoactive highs that are associated with typical marijuana use. You can consume it in a wide range of options, including edibles, tinctures, lotions, and more. But, one of the more popular methods on the market is a vaporizer. This is because vaping CBD oil is one of the fastest ways to feel its effects.
Unlike vaping tobacco products, CBD doesn’t come with ill-health effects and in fact, can help with certain conditions. (Something cigarettes cannot do. Suck on that, cigs!) If you’re new to vaping and are wondering how you can use CBD in this method, we’ll sift through the clouds to give you everything you need to know.
Vaping CBD Benefits: Feeling Good without the High
One of many compounds found within the marijuana plant, CBD (or cannabidiol if you’re fancy) causes the body to react to it in a variety of ways, more or less leading to the same benefits of weed without getting you high. Because most CBD vape oils only contain small traces of THC – the principal psychoactive component of cannabis – you won’t get that “Oh man, I’m sooooo stoned” feeling – and you can take it any time of day and carry on with your usual tasks.
From the outside, vaping might look like smoking out of an elaborate device, but in reality, there is science behind it. Different materials burn at different rates, and when you vape something, you’re heating it more gently without causing combustion. While this is applicable to marijuana flower and tobacco, vaping CBD concentrates produces a vapor instead of smoke.
The Two Vapes Types
There are two main options on today’s market if you want to vape CBD, and while they are both similar in overall function, the details do give users some options. One style is a pen vaporizer that utilizes a heating coil, warming concentrated CBD isolate and allowing you to inhale its medicinal properties. These vape pens might require a little more love and care as the heating coils may need to be replaced every so often. It’s important to keep in mind that an inexpensive vape option might seem great upfront, but there’s usually a reason that the item is so cheap.
Others prefer to use e-liquid in a tank-style device. These come in disposable or refillable designs. Most recommend using a vape that requires concentrates when using CBD, as you’re more likely to receive stronger effects from using less product.
Vaping CBD Benefits: How Does It Work?
Why would you purchase a device that billows vapor when you could simply eat a gummy or rub some lotion on your hands? It has to do with how your body absorbs and processes CBD and how efficiently that occurs. For individuals with more serious ailments or those looking to feel the benefits immediately, vaping CBD gets the compound into your bloodstream the fastest.
Other options like edibles or topicals certainly do work, but it takes time for them to absorb into your system and in some instances can mean that you are waiting up to an hour or more before you begin to feel the effects.
CBD Vape Products We Love
When it comes to vaping, there is a wide range of options available. We like the vapes listed below because you can use them with CBD oil or marijuana flower.
- VaporFi Atom Dry Herb Vaporizer – whether you’re looking to use marijuana with a high THC percentage or you rely on strains that are more of a 1:1 THC to CBD ratio, this vaporizer is a great choice. It’s obviously designed for using herb rather than concentrates or e-liquids, but its sleek design is hard to say no to.
- Firefly 2 Dry Herb & Concentrates Vaporizer – when you want the best of both worlds and often change up your preferences between flower and concentrates, this product is a win-win. With the option to control the temperature straight from your phone and an easy design that allows you to regulate your dose with each breath, it’s a fan favorite.
- Vapium Summit Plus Dry Herb Vaporizer – designed to be super durable and ready to go with you anywhere, this vape will fit right in next to your multi-tool. The brand focuses on outdoor use, so whenever you need to vape on the go, this product is ready for the adventure. You can find these at Direct Vapor.
- Honey Stick Phantom Squeeze Box Vaporizer – if you don’t love flower and want to stick to concentrates or oils only, this is your go-to item. It has a unique design that integrates a squeeze handle and a variety of temperature gauges so you can get the exact dose you need for fast-acting relief.
Are CBD Vape Oils Safe?
Here at CBDNerds, we want to ensure you have all the information when it comes to the cannabis plant and using full-spectrum CBD. Like all things related to health and wellness, there can be risks associated with CBD vaping. While some users may experience extreme withdrawal if they don’t consume a specific amount of CBD each day (similar to a caffeine headache), others don’t have any side effects at all.
Keep in mind that not every CBD product comes with risks, but it is important to do your homework before buying the cheapest or most readily available option. Or, you can let us do the homework for you and see which vape cartridges and CBD oils we recommend.
In the end, it’s up to each individual user to determine if vaping CBD oil offers the benefits they’re after.
What is the Best CBD Oil for Vaping?
With so many CBD vape oils to choose from, we suggest starting with CBD vape juice from the following brands:
- CBD Living (free shipping and 35% off with our coupon)
- CBDfx (score 20% off with our discount code)
- cbdMD (get 25% off and free shipping with our coupon code)