These days, cannabidiol (CBD) is more popular than ever and is found in everything from oils and concentrates to capsules and edibles. Topical CBD – including CBD lotions, salves, scrubs, and even soap – is one of the fastest-growing methods of taking it.
Like the other cannabinoids found in cannabis, such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is versatile – offering numerous ways for users to indulge in its potential benefits. Being as our skin is our largest organ and jammed with cannabinoid receptors, absorbing CBD via the skin is a highly efficient way to get what you need quickly.
Topical CBD – including CBD lotions, salves, scrubs, and even soap – is one of the fastest-growing methods of taking it.
While topicals like CBD lotions, balms, and salves have become quite common, consumers are less familiar with CBD soap. As more offerings hit the market, users are starting to see CBD skin care benefits through soap which may reduce inflammation, encourage healthier skin, and even improve your mood.
So, for those looking to give CBD soap a try, we’ve rounded up 5 of the best CBD soaps on the market and some guidance on how we picked these products. And it’s none too soon because, despite the nearly 20 years since Oil of Olay launched its “Love the skin you’re in” campaign, we still need a little help when it comes to embracing skin-based wellness.
For many of us, CBD is the skincare ingredient we’ve been missing all those years.
What is CBD Soap?
Very simply, CBD soap is a standard soap bar that’s infused with CBD extract. CBD-infused soap works in two ways; as a natural soap and as a CBD topical.
CBD absorbs quickly and easily through the skin, binding with receptors in the skin’s endocannabinoid system, delivering its benefits rapidly and efficiently. Topical application of CBD has shown promise with easing joint, muscle, and even neuropathic pain. Its anti-inflammatory properties may help relieve skin conditions like eczema or acne and protect skin from sun damage. Some users also report that topical CBD results better in sleep, more manageable moods, reduced inflammation, and lower anxiety – making CBD soap a great way to deliver wellness in your daily shower.
What Benefit Does CBD & Hemp Offer the Skin?
CBD is an all-natural compound that binds to receptors in your body’s endocannabinoid system, providing benefits like reduced stress and increased wellness. Since there are endocannabinoid receptors all over your skin, this is a great way to reap the benefits of CBD soap.
Hemp seed oil itself is a powerful antioxidant. Its rich, omega-6 fatty acids help control inflammation and encourage new skin cell growth, offering potential relief for acne and psoriasis conditions. Additionally, CBD’s antibacterial properties help kill bacteria while being gentle on the skin.
Rich in oleic and linoleic acid, hemp seed oil naturally and gently targets fine lines and wrinkles, reducing their appearance and even preventing their development. It’s no wonder people have been using hemp seed oil on their skin for years, since long before we began extracting CBD from hemp.
How to Choose the Best CBD Soap for Your Needs
Admittedly, choosing a CBD soap is a lot about personal preference, but there are some guidelines you can follow to find the best soap for you:
- CBD’s immense popularity means that there are poorly made and even fake products out there. Always research before you buy. This includes other products, such as CBD oils.
- You should only buy soap (or any CBD product) from brands that make it easy to check third-party lab results. This lets you prove that the product is as strong as advertised and that it’s free from toxins and impurities.
- Who will be using the soap? Why are they using it? Those looking to relax may want a calming scent like lavender, while others may prefer uplifting citrus or a caffeine jolt.
- Is this special-occasion soap or one you’ll be using daily? Soaps can range in price from under $10 to more than $20 per bar. By understanding how often you plan to use this soap, you’ll be able to better incorporate it into your budget.
- Always check for other ingredients, especially if you may have allergies to fragrances, preservatives, or oils.
- Full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate? If you’re looking to benefit from the entourage effect, you’ll want to choose a soap made from full-spectrum extract. If you’d prefer to give a soap with 0% THC a-go, you’ll want to look for broad-spectrum or isolate bars.