CBD Lollipops - Everything You Need To Know | CBDNerds.com
CBD Lollipops - Everything You Need to Know
Within the industry, CBD edibles are some of the most popular appearings on the market. Due to this high demand, CBD brands have been getting creative with their edibles - offering a variety of different foods and flavors we haven't seen before. One of the latest edibles to make a name for themselves are CBD lollipops.
On the surface, these products may not appear to be anything special - a lollipop infused with CBD, what more do you need to know? However, interestingly enough, CBD lollipops have some perks other edibles can't claim.
Throughout this article, we're going to review these pros along with some of the cons associated with CBD lollipops. At the end, we'll list out some of our favorites to give you an idea of where to shop.
What Makes CBD Lollipops So Special?
In many regards, CBD lollipops will appear to be another edible source of CBD. But since you don't necessarily eat a lollipop - rather, you suck on one - it provides you with something other edibles can't claim; bioavailability.
Bioavailability is defined by how much of a substance your body takes in. When you consume a CBD product, your body needs to break it down in order to make use of cannabidiol. Throughout this process, you'll naturally lose some of the CBD you initially take in.
CBD products that have higher bioavailability will provide you with more CBD upon consumption. For example, vaping CBD is considered to offer the peak level of bioavailability as the cannabinoid is able to enter the bloodstream quickly and easily through the lungs. On the other hand, CBD topicals are considered to have the lowest as it takes a lot of effort on CBD's part to break through the layers of skin and enter the bloodstream.
CBD oils (sometimes referred to as tinctures) are some of the most popular in concerns to consumption methods. While they don't produce the highest level of bioavailability, they do allow your body to take in a lot of CBD. This is why you're instructed to leave the oil under your tongue for about 30 seconds - the longer the CBD is in your mouth, the more bioavailability you'll receive.
This is what makes CBD lollipops so special in comparison to other edibles. Instead of digesting the CBD, you're swishing it around your mouth. Thanks to the capillaries in and around your tongue, the CBD is absorbed into your bloodstream quicker and, therefore, you're receiving more bioavailability.
Since most people will finish a lollipop off with a few bites, you also have the benefit of digesting some of the CBD. In turn, you're getting a much large amount of CBD in comparison to other edibles.
CBD Lollipop Pros
Beyond bioavailability, CBD lollipops have a few other benefits that are quite unique to this edible. These include:
- Dosage - Since all CBD lollipops are individually dosed, you know exactly how much CBD your body is taking in before consumption. This is quite beneficial for newcomers - especially because there are a lot of CBD lollipops with low dosages.
- Easy Consumption - It's safe to say everyone has had a lollipop at one point or another within their lives. Due to this, CBD lollipops provide one of the most familiar ways for consumption. In many regards, CBD lollipops are perfect for newcomers who may feel a bit strange sticking a tincture dropper under their tongue.
- Taste - One of the biggest downsides to CBD oils is they don't all taste good. In fact, many consumers loathe the taste of tinctures so much, they seek out their dose of CBD solely through edibles. While CBD gummies can provide a variety of unique flavors, the same is true for CBD lollipops. In fact, we were surprised to find there are a number of CBD lollipop flavors you won't find with other edibles!
If you happen to want to remain discreet about your CBD consumption, a lollipop is also great for avoiding questions. While it's unfortunate there is still a stigma surrounding cannabidiol and cannabis products, we understand not everyone is keen on getting relief from what's been considered a Schedule I substance. We also understand the anxiety some people may feel when they need a quick dose of CBD while in public. For these reasons, CBD lollipops are perfect for remaining discreet about your CBD consumption.
CBD Lollipop Cons
While we advocate there are more pros to CBD lollipops than cons, we can't deny these products aren't perfect. Luckily, most of these cons will depend on your personal preference - therefore, not everyone will view the following as a con.
- Dosage - While it's great to know exactly how much CBD you're taking, you may not be a fan of the dosage amount that comes with each lollipop. Unfortunately, there's really no way around whatever dosage of CBD the lollipop contains - you get what you get.
- Health - Admittedly, lollipops are filled with sugar and sweeteners and they aren't the healthiest way to consume CBD. If your health-conscious and trying to avoid some of these attributes, a CBD lollipop may not be for you.
- It's Still an Edible - While we touted about how much more bioavailability a CBD lollipop allows, the fact is these are still edibles. And any CBD that is ingested will take a longer time to kick in and produce less bioavailability. The best way around this is to keep the lollipop in your mouth as long as possible - but we understand a mistaken bit down could completely ruin the experience.
While these cons aren't major, they are definitely something to keep in mind before purchasing a CBD lollipop.
Best CBD Lollipops
If you are interested in purchasing a CBD lollipop, you'll probably want to know where to look. As these products become more popular, we guarantee more and more companies will be coming out with their own unique CBD lollipops. In the meantime, here are some of our favorites:
1.) Earth CBD Lollipops
If you are health-conscious but still want to give CBD lollipops a try, you may want to check out Earth CBD's selection. Not only are these lollipops sugar-free, but they're all organic and are 100% THC-free.
Each pop contains 35mg of broad-spectrum hemp extract which is quite a high dosage in comparison to some of the other CBD lollipops on this list. Not to mention, each of these lollipops is offered in a variety of unique flavors, including:
- Green Apple
- Tangerine Orange
- Tuscan Lemon
These lollipops can be purchased in a 15-pack for $39.97 or a 30-pack for $74.97.
2.) Hemp Bombs Lollipops
Hemp Bombs is one of the biggest CBD brands currently on the market. With that, we found it a real treat to find they were offering CBD lollipops containing an astounding 40mg of CBD isolate!
Each of their lollies comes in four unique flavors:
- Green Apple
- Pink Lemonade
You can purchase a 2-pack of these CBD lollipops for $14.99 or a 4-pack for $24.99.
3.) Creating Better Days Peace Pops
Creating Better Days isn't like other CBD brands considering all their products are made using a nano-emulsified CBD. This means the CBD molecule is processed in a way that makes it more absorbable. Due to this unique attribute, we were pleasantly surprised to see they also offer a selection of CBD lollipops known as Peace Pops.
These are great for beginners as they only contain 25mg of CBD plus no-THC. Not to mention, each of these lollies is sugar-free. You can currently purchase Creating Better Days Peace Pops in the following flavors:
- Mellow Watermelon
- Sour Apple
- Sweet Strawberry
- Tangy Orange
If interested, you can buy Peace Pops in a 2-pack for $14.99.
4.) Mountain High Suckers
Mountain High Suckers may just be the only brand out there that specializes only in CBD lollipops. For this reason, we consider them experts in terms of how to formulate a quality CBD lollipop. And this expertise goes to show in the versatility of their flavors - truly, they offer the most out of any CBD company.
The only downside to Mountain High Suckers is their products contain a large amount of CBD. In fact, their ratio is 3:1 THC:CBD. Not to mention, these products are only available throughout certain Colorado dispensaries and cannot be purchased online.