White label CBD providers streamline the process of starting your CBD company. By buying finished products, you can direct your attention to marketing and other areas of running a successful business.
Having said that, not all white label CBD manufacturers are made equal. There are differences in price, quality, transparency, product offerings, and more. To make matters worse, white label CBD is often confused with private label.
To help you make an informed decision, we looked at dozens of companies to find the 10 best white label CBD suppliers.
White Label vs Private Label CBD
There’s some confusion about the terms white and private label CBD.
Technically speaking, white label CBD products are made by a manufacturer and then sold to multiple brands. In other words, the same products are resold by multiple companies under their own label.
Meanwhile, a private label CBD product is formulated specifically for one brand. That means the product is unique and only offered by that single CBD company.
White label CBD products are cheaper since they don’t require custom formulating and can be made from the manufacturer’s existing catalog.
However, some wholesale CBD suppliers use the terms white and private label interchangeably or have their own definitions. That’s why it’s important to check with individual manufacturers to make sure you’re getting exactly what you’re after.
Top-Ranking White Label CBD Companies
We compared the major white label CBD suppliers to come up with a top 10 list. Some of the companies reviewed below specialize in wholesale and white label CBD, whereas others also sell products directly to consumers.
Our Criteria for the Best White Label CBD Companies
There are dozens of white label CBD providers. We considered multiple criteria to identify the best ones.
- Third-Party Testing – Third-party testing is done by an independent lab to confirm the safety and accuracy of CBD products. You should only work with white label manufacturers that pay for third-party testing and post the test results publicly.
- Company Transparency – Trustworthy CBD suppliers are honest about their hemp source, make it easy to access third-party test results, and provide other information like when and how the company was founded.
- Manufacturing Process – Making CBD requires expertise and quality at every step from farm to product. We look for companies that explain their process and prefer those that are vertically integrated (do everything in-house).
- Product Variety – CBD products come in many types, strengths, and formulas. You should look for companies that either fit the specific products you’re looking for or have a wide variety of offerings.
- Additional Services – While it’s not essential, some may prefer white label CBD suppliers that offer additional services like label design, packaging, and dropshipping.
How to Start a White Label CBD Business
Partnering with a white label manufacturer is the easiest way to start a CBD business.
But before you buy any products, it’s important to come up with a brand identity. The CBD market is heavily saturated, so you’ll need to focus on a specific audience or make your brand stand out in some way.
Once you have that down, you should choose products that align with your goals.
For example, if you’re an herbal medicine advocate, it makes sense to focus on full-spectrum CBD products that provide the full benefits of hemp instead of those made with pure CBD.
Next, you’ll need to find a reputable white label CBD supplier that offers the right products and any additional services you might need, such as label design.
You’ll also need to take care of essentials such as building your website, registering your company, and finding a payment processor.