The 7 Best CBD Vape Pens Of 2019 | Buying Guide
CBD has garnered a tremendous reputation for its anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties. All this while being a non-psychoactive compound, unlike its counterpart THC. There are many forms of ingesting or using CBD but vaping CBD, in particular, is arguably one of the best. And if you’re new to CBD, disposable vape pens are a wonderful easy to use option to get started. Our staff has bought and tested several CBD vape pens and have come up with a list of the "Best CBD Vape Pens"!
Battery Life: 7 hours
Approximate Puff Count: 150 puffs
Heat-Up Time: 1 second
Flavor Varieties: Peppermint, Spearmint, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lavender, or Cinnamon
- All-in-one disposable pen is fully self-contained, so it requires no loading or charging
- Focus, Relax, and Revive formulas available to gain specific enhanced benefits
- 0.5ml CBD oil formulated with MCT oil instead of PG/VG for a purer taste and effect
- If the battery dies before you use up all the oil, you can’t charge it to vape the excess
Battery Life: 8 hours
Approximate Puff Count: 300 puffs
Heat-Up Time: 1 second
Flavor Varieties: Strawberry Lemonade, Fresh Mint, Blue Raspberry, or Tropic Breeze
- Lightweight, disposable CBD pen comes ready to use
- 30mg CBD oil so users decide how much they want to vape at one time
- Disposable CBD Vape Pen has no buttons, comes ready to use right out of the box
- No recharge needed – comes in a pack of 12 pens
- Cut with VG and PG to make vapor production in the vaporizer better
Battery Life: About 6 hours
Approximate Puff Count: Over 100 inhalations
Heat-Up Time: None – just inhale
Flavor Varieties: Natural hemp flavor only
- Convenient starter packs come with a Vape Bright battery, charger, case, and CBD vape cartridge
- Recharge in only 30 minutes with any USB port
- Vape even while vaporizer is on the charger
- Keep vape for future use – you only need to buy disposable vape cartridges going forward
- No variety in flavor available – only natural hemp flavor
This cannabis brand brought an airless delivery system to the table, which we didn’t even know was possible. Offering precise serving sizes guaranteed, you get 15mg of CBD hemp extract with every click.
Serving Count: 66 servings (3- to 4-week supply)
Heat-Up Time: N/A
Flavor Varieties: None
- Called the X-Pen, there are third-party lab test results available to view online
- Secure twist-lock mechanism prevents unwanted spills or dispenses
- Extract vacuum-sealed in a hermetic cartridge, protected from bacteria and even air
- Tip is removable and washable so multiple users can hygienically use the X-Pen at the same time
- Doesn’t provide the same oral fixation that vaping can
Battery Life: Until it runs out of product
Approximate Puff Count: Over 150 puffs
Heat-Up Time: None – ready to use
Flavor Varieties: Bangin’ Fruity Bedrock, Exotic Watermelon Kush, or Wild Blueberry Jam
- Comes ready to use with no charger or battery required – just start inhaling
- Non-nicotine, non-THC disposable vape pen with a variety of flavors
- Ingredients include VG and PG, which provide more satisfying vape hits
- Tested by independent, third-party labs
- 70/30 VG/PG split means CBD’s efficacy will not be as pure or potent
The Foria Wellness Flow Pen comes ready for you to inhale as soon as you screw the cartridge onto the battery. Made for efficiency and pure ease, Foria provides detailed tips and tricks on how to avoid coughing, use the vaporizer more effectively and safely, and much more. As everyone is different, many find their Flow pen lasts a few weeks depending on how often you puff on it each day.
Heat-Up Time: None – breath-activated
Flavor Varieties: Only one multi-botanical formula
- Purity and potency third-party lab results available to see online
- THC-free and free of cutting agents like PG and VG
- Includes a 340mAh Li-ion battery and USB charger
- Reusable, all-ceramic core and premium glass cartridge hardware
- Replacement cartridges are not yet available but coming soon!
Battery Life: Varies, but comes with charger
Approximate Puff Count: 530 puffs
Heat-Up Time: Varies, 3 adjustable heat settings
Flavor Varieties: No Flavor, Bubble Gum, Tangerine Haze, or Sour Diesel
- All batches of each CBD cartridge tests under 0.3% THC with 25.5%+ CBD extract and 6.56% other cannabinoids like CBC, CBN, and CBG
- Hemp oil concentrate contains no PG or VG for a CBD-rich experience
- Become familiar with the different settings and learn your reusable vaporizer over time
- Pure Spectrum offers detailed pen instructions and tips on the web platform
- Cannot use while the CBD vape is charging, but it’s also recommended that you wait to charge it until its battery is low
What is the Best CBD Vape Pen for Anxiety?
Among the top-quality CBD vape pens on our list, the Select CBD Vape Pens have been shown to be some of the best for anxiety. Disposable pens, they are focused around Focus, Relax, or Revive depending on the one you get. They each have the added benefit of mitigating or relieving symptoms of anxiety. With a one-second heat-up time and a 7-hour battery life, you can carry the Select pen everywhere with you and not worry about running out of juice.
What are Best Vape Practices for Beginners?
There are some important things to keep in mind if you’re new to vaping. The first thing to remember: it won’t seem like you’re taking as big of a hit as you are, so always start small. Take a one-second puff from whatever vaporizer you’re trying out and work your way up from there.
Taking a one-second puff will allow you to better gauge how big the vapor clouds can get. Once you are comfortable with one- and two-second hits, work your way up to longer, harder draws on your vaporizer until you discover what feels right. It can take some time learning each new vaporizer, so go at your own pace and stay comfortable while you explore your limits.
CBD Vape Pens: Convenient and Easy to Use
Research and study after study continue to indicate that vaping is less harmful than combustion. By vaping your CBD, you are performing less harm to your lungs than standard smoking might cause. Vaping is a convenient, easy-to-use method for getting your daily dose of CBD. As more start to enjoy what vaporizing has to offer, we’re eager to see how the vape market grows over these next few years.
What Are Disposable CBD Vape Pens?
Disposable CBD vape pens are pen-shaped vaporizers that allow users to dose their CBD both quickly and discreetly. With a traditional vaporizer, you would need to fill it with CBD vape juice and refill it once it’s out. With a disposable CBD vape pen, you don’t have to do anything because the juice comes filled in the pen for you and once you’re done you just throw it away. They come with a battery, atomizer, and pre-filled juice. Vaping CBD from these products is among the quickest ways to realize the benefits of CBD with really zero maintenance.
What are Refillable CBD Vape Pens?
A refillable CBD vape pen is really any type of pen that can be filled with CBD vape juice. Keep in mind that CBD vape juice is designed to be vaped so you wouldn’t want to just fill your pen with CBD oil since CBD oil is typically infused with MCT oil or other oils to help with ingestion. A refillable vape pen can come in various styles but most of them are designed to be small and sleek. They come with a tank and are attached to a rechargeable stick battery. The battery usually lasts very long but once it runs out you just connect it to a USB outlet for a quick charge. These do require a little more maintenance than a disposable pen but they’re still very easy and user-friendly.
How to use a Disposable CBD Vape Pen
The beauty of these products is that they are extremely easy to use. Because they come with a battery and atomizer that automatically heats the CBD oil, all you need to do is take a drag from the pen and within a second or two you’ll start drawing CBD vapor from the pen. You’ll get roughly around 150 puffs from the pen before having to throw it away. Most brands recommend puffing for 6 seconds before exhaling but I would recommend 3 seconds as some of these can be harsh on your lungs. Once the pen is out you can’t reuse or refill it. You’ll need to buy a new one.
How to use a Refillable CBD Vape Pen
To Begin, you’ll want to detach the mouthpiece from the actual body of the pen. Most of the time you can gently pull them apart. You’ll then see there’s a refillable pod where you fill it with your desired CBD Vape juice. Then reattach the pod and make sure to let your pen for about an hour before use. In order to use, all you need to do is take a drag and the pen will heat the oil immediately turning it into vape for you to inhale. To begin, just inhale for 2-3 seconds and see how that feels. You should visibly see some vapor when you breathe out.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Refillable Vape Pens
Now that we know the difference between the two, is it best to buy a disposable CBD vape pen or refillable one?
If you decide on a refillable CBD vape pen, you’ll have to buy both the pen and the CBD vape juice separately. Even though you are buying 2 separate products, in the long run, it’s usually cheaper to go with refillable ones since the CBD vape juice is inexpensive. Some benefits include having many more options in terms of pens and flavors. Many have adjustable settings to help optimize your vaping experience. This allows you to control how thick or large the cloud of vape is when you exhale.
- Long term lower costs
- More versatility with vaping styles
- Sleek in size
- Easy to set up and easy to use
- More environmentally friendly
- Can produce different cloud sizes
- More maintenance required
- Not as discreet as disposable pens
- You have to purchase both the pen and the juice
- Small learning curve
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Disposable Vape Pens
Disposable CBD vape pens are one of the easiest and most efficient ways to have CBD enter your system. The pen is ready to go as soon as you take it out of the package. Initially, it’ll be less expensive than a refillable pen since you don’t have to buy separate products and no many brands are coming out with different varieties of flavors. Not only are brands coming out with different flavors for these pens, but many are engineered for specific desired moods like relaxing or if you want an energy boost.
One of the downsides is that they typically contain very little CBD so you have to take at times 15-30 puffs to get a dosage. There are of course some health concerns with vaping in general so having to take so many puffs can correlate with that concern. If you vape a lot, these might not be the best option since you continuously have to throw them out and buy new ones.
- Easiest CBD product to use
- Zero maintenance required
- Great flavors and mood options
- Full-spectrum pens offered
- Slim, discreet, and lighter weight
- Long term these can cost more than Refillables
- Not as many CBD vape juice options’
- Not as versatile with airflow
- Only one cloud option
useful information 2019-11-01 10:29:34